Sunday, August 4, 2013

Learning in London


Aside from the abundance of information I am trying to learn about the UK culture, I have two classes that I'm always playing catch up in. I can't complain about the catch up though, because I really enjoy this class. At the beginning of this trip, I thought I would be playing "lost puppy" the whole time considering I'm a public relations major taking senior level advertising and news courses. These courses have exceeded my expectations by a landslide. I feel like I completely understand international advertising, which is odd for me because advertising has always been my weak point. The required text for international advertising, Another One Bites the Grass by Simon Anholt, is written very well. The book is one of the most understandable textbooks i've read since I started college.




Mollie and I presented our chapter from the book to class Tuesday, and the presentation went really well. Our chapter was titled, "Going It Alone" which talked about global centralization in advertising, and all the things you need to be aware of as a centralization agency. The chapter really put the point across that learning the culture you are working with is one of the most important things in advertising. I really enjoyed the book because it was interesting, easy to follow and understand and the message was straight forward. Here is a picture of our mind map, which is a guide or outline of our presentation. 

It was nice to give a presentation and enjoy presenting the material. I cannot count the number of presentations I have NOT enjoyed presenting because I don't like the material. Professor Noble did an excellent job on choosing the textbook for this class. This week I'm presenting my media outlet for the British Media course, and wrapping up all of the final projects. It's so hard to believe we only have one more week left in London, but I'm ready to be two courses closer to graduating. 

Until next time, Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment